This Year’s Game
2017: FIRST SteamWorks!
Prepare to Take Flight
- Robots operate independently for first 15 seconds of the match – Alliances score points by:
- Reach their baseline
- Score fuel in the boiler
- Deliver gears to the airship
- Human drivers take control for the final 2 minutes and 15 seconds controlling their robot to:
- Gather fuel from the hoppers or human players to stoke the boilers and build up steam
- Gather more gears
- Deliver gears to the airship pilots. Airship pilots place them in the gear train to engage and spin up the rotors.
Preparing for Lift Off
- During last 20 seconds of the match, pilots deploy ropes for robots to climb aboard
- Alliances receive points for each robot secured aboard the airship by the end of the match
The Alliance with the highest score at the end of the match wins!